top of page
  • melissa44805

Ready, Set, Breastfeed!

Having a new baby is an exciting time for your family. By choosing to breastfeed, you are providing your baby with food that is uniquely made for him and benefits his health and well-being. Breastfeeding is a special gift to your baby that only you can provide.

The WIC Program is here to answer any questions you may have and help with any breastfeeding challenges you may face. To schedule an appointment, or to learn more about the WIC program, please contact the Health Department at 810-648-4098 Option 1. For more information on breastfeeding, click here

As a new mother, you may have heard many things about how to feed your baby. You may know breastfeeding is the best way to give your baby a healthy start in life, and wonder how to fit it into your life. Mothers everywhere have found that breastfeeding CAN work. Your WIC peer counselor can help! Please contact our Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, Rebecca Meyer, at 810-648-4098 Ext. 110. For more information on our program, click here.

“In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”

#WIC #Breastfeeding #PeerCounselor #WICLovingSupport #WBW2017

75 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page